What connects the Sportfreunde Siegen (my home club), the TSG Hoffenheim (Bundesliga surprise) Gideon and the Federation (Association for the dissemination of the Bible)? I came across the answer today at Google. Certainly the differences are striking as the similarities, but at least one thing in common, all three clubs: her birth year. All were founded in 1899. Their influence since the founding era? Well, that can only be guessed. Sports fans have a turbulent history. I vividly remember the radio broadcast of the game that pushed open the door to the 2nd Bundesliga. Even at the sad news of insolvency and relegation not long ago. Hoffenheim also has to tell a story not just boring, at least with their fabulous promotion to the Bundesliga terms. But with two clubs can not really talk like that they have beaten the world waves. Siegen has about 1.100 members, Hoffenheim five times - but I would claim that no club have changed lives over the generations.
In 1899 "The Gideons" in the U.S. was founded, where its membership is 132 000. With us there are over 4000 worldwide, almost 300,000. Your goal is to make the distribution of the Bible to people with Jesus known. Since its formation, 1.6 billion (1,600,000,000) Bibles away. This should all tickets sold, the two football clubs to forget since its inception. The Bibles were distributed in 194 countries in 93 languages. 20,000,000 Bibles arrived in Germany the people. Who has not ever seen a Gideon Bible in your hand? The blue expenditure including hotels, hospitals in the white or brown for the personal disclosure. be motivated
the Gideons in their love for Jesus Christ. It is His word, God's word that they spread, because this word is a hidden force which can not be explained by normal approaches. God says in Hebrews 4:12 of His Word:
"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing both soul and mind, both Mark and leg, and it judges the thoughts and intents of the heart. "
God's word makes! Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it heals. Sometimes it leads, sometimes it corrected, sometimes it helps. Sometimes lost, sometimes happy, sometimes it inspires. The word of God is described as a purifying fire, as a liberating tool, as food for the soul as a mirror for daily use, as light on a dark road. This motivates the Gideons to the work they do.
have on any of the pages of the sports clubs, founded in 1899, I found a statement like the following, which is found next to the Gideon another website. The influence of Gideon by the word of God is indeed the world and life-changing.
"In 1997 I got a New Testament from the Gideons to hand found, but not the time to read it and pray. I found myself in the end and testing phase of my studies in Cologne, was stressed, tempted in the head (and my life) quite. Then came the disaster, as many and as bad as they have to do some people only 10 or 20 years. This test I failed, I am now in prison. The little book is my daily companion, comforter, friend and lifesaver has become a source of God's truth and goodness. I have accepted God as my Savior and personal savior. I live only by His grace. "Udo D., in May 2003
0 comments:
Post a Comment