Aung San Suu Kyi is a woman who fascinates me. For over 20 years leading the nonviolent opposition movement in Burma. 15 years this time she was under house arrest. Her husband, who died during that time, she could not see her again. When her party won elections in 1990 in Burma, the results were not recognized by the military. Nobel Peace Prize, awarded in 1991, took their sons to receive. She herself did not want to leave the country of Burma for fear of not being allowed to re-enter. 2010 their party was excluded from the elections. - A woman who has fought for almost half her life and was ready to give everything. Today she is 65 years old and still fighting!
If I follow the life stories of such women and men or read about it - Mother Theresa, Adoniram Judson and many others are also included - then I ask myself: Why do they do that? For whom or what they are willing to make such sacrifices? Former U.S. President George Bush said: "freedom is it worth it to fight and die for. " But what if you can not make it?
My next question is then to self: "Is what I live, even worth dying for?" What I actually live? I live because it's like that? Or I have goals? What? I live for goals that are also worth dying for?
We all only live once. None of us knows how long. See you tomorrow? 2015? Until we are 90? And again the question: "Is what I live, well worth dying for?"
Paul brings it to the point. In Romans 14:8, he writes:
Because we live, we live unto the Lord,
and if we die, we die to the Lord;
whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
And later the Philippians
"For Christ is my life
and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)
I'm going to die for what I do.
I am ready to die, I live for!
For George Bush, freedom is a good, for fighting for, worth living and dying.
for Aung San Suu Kyi, the democracy is to buy in their home country is a good that she is ready with their lives. As disciples of Jesus we speak with Paul
"For Christ is my life
and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)
0 comments:
Post a Comment